Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture
Dates: June 29th-July 2nd
Time: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Drop Off/Pick Up Location: 1769 West Ash Street Columbia, MO 65203.
YVC will be volunteering with the Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture to enhance the community's health by connecting people to agriculture and the land through hands-on learning opportunities from seed to plate.
- YVC projects are open to all youth ages 11-18.
- Youth volunteers will need to bring their own lunch each day.
- Transportation to and from the project will not be provided.
- Youth volunteers are encouraged to wear their YVC summer shirt (provided for free on the first day of projects), clothing that can get dirty and closed-toe shoes.
- Please bring a water bottle, sunscreen, and gardening gloves.
- Volunteers will be working to maintain the 1.3 acre Urban Farm.Tasks include but are not limited to: weeding, transplanting, seeding, harvesting, and building fences. The team will learn about agriculture and food security while helping to care for a large garden whose produce is donated to the food pantry.
Learn More About Columbia Center for Urban Agriculture:
Select 'Add to Cart' only once per project. To complete registration, select your cart at the top of the page. Ensure the number of projects in your cart reflects the number of projects for which you wish to register.
To register more than one youth volunteer, adjust the quantity accordingly. Each volunteer must have an individual waiver on file.
No Refunds Will Be Provided After Purchase